Monday, August 28, 2006

Amber's gone now.

No, shit, that doesn't work. It sounds unduly morbid. I mean, the poor girl has enough people thinking she's probably been murdered already (for example, everyone she knows who isn't me); I don't want to make everyone I know question her life, it's enough that they question her existence.

Let's try this again:


Amber's headed home now.

Okay, dammit, that doesn't work either. As I'm typing this she's at the airport, and her flight has been postponed indefinitely. She's not so much headed home as she is reading a book, but poised at the starting gate of eventual homegetting while still spectacularly immobile.

Okay, giving it another shot:


Amber left me.

Man! That one doesn't work either! It's way too melodramatic. Sort of implies that I did something to make her leave, which is simply not true. Indeed, I believe that she left, not because she grew sick of my presence, but rather because she insists for some reason in having friends, family, and a job all the way over on the wrong side of the country. I don't know why.

Alright, one last try:

I miss Amber.

... yeah. Yeah, that one works.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home