Saturday, October 01, 2005

How often do you see the word 'ark' in a non-biblical context?

But that's irrelevant, isn't it? Especially given that I have no real plans to talk about Noah, the covenant, or any other sort of biblical context. And if the word 'ark' does come up, why, I'll be just as surprised as the rest of you.

Anyway... why am I here? What do I have to say? Well, nothing much, of course, because I'm a silent sort of person, don'tcha know, but I am Bored. Or... not so much bored as restless, and none of the other distractions I have at my fingertips seem to be as entertaining as I would wish. THUS! It's time for a good, old-fashioned ramble. And isn't that something we need more of? Rambling? Let's face it, there is wisdom pent up deep inside all of us, and the only way we can let it out is to just open up the floodgates deep within ourselves and let the words flow, flow, flow and and into the ocean of the collective unconscious. Like I was saying to my Mike Arnone last night: "there is a river of language pouring out of you, and I am a word salmon, swimming upstream to have sex in your mouth". I, uh, think he appreciated that.

That, of course, was on the way back from 'Serenity', which is still awesome. I mean, 'Firefly' was an awesome show, so we all knew the movie would be doubly awesome. But it's more awesome than it has any real right to be. Man... I love it so. I want to go purchase the DVD, and the soundtrack, and the action figures. Are there action figures? I certainly hope so. I want a little Wash to sit upon my desk and guide me through all of my troubles. That would be sweet. But I guess it would be unlikely... still. Hope springs eternal. Is there a place called Hope Springs? Because there really should be. Or, like, a show set in Hope Springs. It would also be sweet... not nearly as much sweetness as a little die-cast Serenity to hang from a string in my bedroom, but sweet nonetheless. Ah, I kind of hope there would not be such a thing, actually, given that I would need to purchase it and I do not have the free cash to make such purchases at this point and time, really. Notwithstanding, I just got myself a shinai of my very own, so that I can practice... getting beaten with sticks. Jose's getting one too, because we are coolishly lame like that. Speaking of Jose... big drunken party! Tonight! Which means there is an off chance that you'll all get a phoned-in post that sounds something like this. Won't that be fun? I think so. Anyway... that's about all I got.

"Well rambled, sir."

Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home