Thursday, April 07, 2005

Sad. Again. Already.

And so, after a particularly long day, most of which spent fuming over hurtful comments directed at me for no reason by someone who shouldn't have wanted to do such a thing, and a particularly soul-crushingly boring SGA meeting, where I once again had to sit and stare at a woman I dispise babble mindlessly because she thinks herself a freaking god because she runs the Iona College Student Government, I return to my overheated room, as my idiot neighbor screams about football so loud that I can hear him, not just clearly, but unpleasantly loudly, with the door shut, I contemplate taking an Advil for the headache I've been nursing all day, then reset my alarm so that I can wake up before seven tomorrow so I can work, fixed the bedpost that had come loose and caused the whole thing to sway precariously, and then opened my browser, only to discover that the only message I'd gotten in the last few days was a two-sentance e-mail informing me that I did not, in fact, get that internship I had been planning on.

All together now: "Pobrecito".

(And no, I'm not quite as miserable as all that would lead you to believe, it really wasn't a bad day by most accounts, but I am truly disapointed with the lack of internship. At least I got a very plesant and polite rejection. And now... now I have one less incentive to come back to Chicago, as it would be far simpler to get a job here that I can do over and beyond the summer, than to get two, one there and one when I return.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home