Friday, April 08, 2005

Emo. Not Phillips.

So, if I'm going to be an emotional wreck, which it seems like I'm going to be, then I might as well go all out, yes? I mean, let's face it, if I'm going to make little frowny faces, I might as well make my audience miserable too. Besides, I'm fairly sure that science has determined that the phrase 'I'm sad' is no less than ten times more effective when on a black background. Science is clever like that. Heh, I like the idea of a scrawny guy in a lab coat peering into a test tube, isolating the sadness molecule. "There's enough sadnessium here to go to the moon and back ten times," he'll say to his wife, who is pretty but helpless, which is okay because it's the fifties all of a sudden and that isn't sexist yet. And... why am I trascribing The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra all of a sudden?

Look, even Ducky's getting into the emo action! He's let his hair go to pot, and he's got a cigarette! He doesn't actually smoke, because that's gross, and I'm not entirely sure it's possible with a beak, but he holds on to the cigarette to look extra-pathetic. He also very nearly got a teardrop tattoo... but I talked him out of that. Because I'm pretty sure that would imply that he's murdered people in prison.

Also, I love how I break out the emoness on a day when I'm feeling pretty good. What's up with that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home