Friday, August 11, 2006

Still in Chicago...

... but tomorrow I head off for Fort Wayne, Indiana to visit grandparents. Specifically, my grandparents.

Which means that basically an hour after I finish this post I'm going to make another one, so as to qualify for that day's required centet of words.

It will be a one-night stay, at a hotel with access to the Internet, but as my laptop is not so much a laptop as a little computer with a keyboard on top but no attached monitor, I won't be able to use it.

It used to have half a screen. Then it started opening WinFrotz files in Adobe for NO CONCEIVABLE REASON, and quickly found itself with no screen. My temper has not been at its best recently.

But I am not here to pitchblende about my computer troubles. I am here to suggest that you all go see 'Little Miss Sunshine', and do so with a quickness. I'm not going to say that it's the best movie ever made, though it's high on the list. It's not the funniest movie in the world... it's not even the funniest movie with Steve Carell, as that would be 'Anchorman'. What it IS is the sort of movie I wish I had written. The wonderful little story, with deeply flawed characters and a deceptively simple plot where the madness just keeps escalating, but without insulting the audience's intelligence or stooping to the lowest common denominator, with a finale that made me want to stand up and cheer with the absolute perfectness of it.

It's what I think cinema SHOULD be, so if you get the chance, go see it. And pretend I wrote it, because I would have, had they not beaten me to the punch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home