Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Unordered list!

Hey kids. Busy day, but I managed to actually sleep for several hours in a row, as well as write a half-hour speech on Voodoo, which I gave for my literature class, which included casting a voodoo charm, or gris-gris, on my class.

Sometimes my life is strange. I like that.

Other things I like!

  • I like that I'm on speaking terms with at least one of my ex-girlfriends. Although this reminds me, when is Natasha going to take her book back? I've had it almost a year now.
  • I like apples, which I do not eat nearly as often as I should.
  • I like Armadillo Run.
  • I like that Dudenonymous has accepted that nickname and become a semiregular poster here. I should get into the habit of reading comments more than once a week. I think he contributes to the the neighborhood bar aesthetic that this place only really has in my head. I'm the bartender, this is my place, Ford and Vince are delivery men that hang around way too often after dropping of booze, Amber is my snarky-but-lovable waitress, and Dodenonymous is the guy who's always there. He's my Norm.
  • I like pie.
  • I like Ezri Dax, who replaced Jadzia Dax in the final season of Deep Space Nine. She's commonly despised, and I think her introduction was poorly timed (she would have been better served as a character by showing up BEFORE Jadzia died, so we could get a handle on her as a character before she was cursed with Jadzia's memories. But, TV is a harsh mistress, and such was not to be).
  • I like unordered lists. They relieve me of the need to organize my thoughts into a coherent form. Also, I can end whenever the hell I want.

I'm done now.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent Cheers reference. It may even spawn a new nick name, Nooooorm, Normnonymous, dudeNormonous, the bignormbalski- who knows.
-dudenonymous

8/02/2006 12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why only one ex-girlfriend?

8/02/2006 12:54 PM  
Blogger Ed Turner said...

Ah, but I ain't going to lose Dudenonymous, which is my favoritest nickname ever for the time being. But if I start being lazy and don't feel like a twelve-letter name, I'll be calling you Norm.

Other Anonymous (name?), of my other exes, one has expressed a clear interest in never speaking to me again, one is so abso-friggin'-lutely insane that I don't want to deal with her, and one... well, one just sort of faded away. Sad, that.

8/02/2006 9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home