Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Casey!

I found another tube! This time made of rigid PVC, though. It's much like my cardboard tube, except if I hit you in the head hard enough, you'd die. I'm not going to do that, though. You're welcome.

Man, remember Casey Jones? You know, from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? Now the perennial discussion topic of my youth was 'who was the best turtle?'... if you were a nerdling you'd pick Donatello, if you thought yourself a leader you'd pick Leonardo, if you were an idiot you'd pick Michaelangelo, and if you knew what 'awesome' meant you'd pick Rapael. These were the options presented to you. But as awesome as Raphael was, he was still, at his core, a team player. He followed the rules most of the time. He called Splinter 'Master' just like everybody else. Where, then, was the role model for children who had a problem with authority?

Enter Casey Jones. Casey was the MAN. He had a hocky mask and a golf bag full of blunt objects including, but not limited to, a hocky stick, a five-iron, and a cricket bat (which, to a single-digited American, looks like nothing so much as a two-by-four with a handle). He was a straight-up vigilante, who solved New York's gang problems by viciously beating gang menbers to within an inch of their lives.

That's what my tubes make me feel like.

4 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

Oh man PVC pipe! I have a scar on my pinky from playing what will be best termed as “stickball” with a jagged piece of PVC pipe. I got three stitches (and I got to see the bone in my fingertip!). But I got confused and ended up telling everyone who asked that I got cut on -PCP- pipe. I never understood why I got such strange looks (didn’t think on it too hard, I get them all the time).

9/13/2006 5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michaelangelo was the best, he was the loose cannon- wildman of the group. You just dont like him cause he was the most popular. The nun chuck is the coolest weapon ever. Raphael just had a stick or somthing! Casey Jones was badass though.
good post.
Dudenon.

9/13/2006 10:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA OMGZ TYPING ERROR!!!!!!!!!!!111111ONEONEONEONE

9/14/2006 9:28 AM  
Blogger Vincent Avatar said...

Pssh, Michelangelo had sticks on chains so he could whack from afar. Leonardo had long swords so he didn't have to get close. Donatello had a bo staff so he wouldn't get his hands dirty.

Raphael had fucking KNIVES, so that he could watch you die when he stuck them in you.

9/17/2006 9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home