Wednesday, December 14, 2005

People.

It is finals week and I am procrastinating like a bandit. As is my wont, of course. Don't think I'm bitching about it, you. The allure of complaining loudly about the work I have to do while not actually doing work is, if not entirely lost upon me, at least something I try to avoid, given that I don't listen to others bitch about the work they should be doing when they aren't doing any work. But, whatever, that's not the subject of this particular missive. No, today's little time-killing paragraph is meant to elucidate you on the following fact: life is good.

Yep, yep, I've decided it. I haven't accomplished everything I'll ever want to, not by any stretch of the imagination, and things could certainly be better for me (my health, for example), but if I were to be struck dead by a vindictive god this evening, I'd have to say that, well, I had a pretty good run. Some accomplishments, scores of fans, countless moments of joy and wonder, and, to the best of my knowledge, the only people who hate me are jerks anyway, so why should I care? Anyway. I have to go make preparations for a silly, fake holiday I made up on a whim five years ago, that somehow became a tradition proper that people are actually, get this, looking forward to. Guh? Wha? How is it I become so beloved? Did I save a building full of orphaned nuns in a past life or something?

Oh yeah, Bubblemas is looking to be Thursday night at about 8. Of course, I have a business trip then, which is a major annoyance, but whatever. Life's still good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home