Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Make out-type kisses.

So, here at Iona, we have a mascot. The Gael. It's sort of like a leprechaun, only he wears a purple leprechaun suit. And, that makes him a Gael. So, anyway, today, at lunch, who should appear but the Gael! Or, at the very least, some mysterious gent in a Gael suit. And he steals my hat. Well, actually, Alek places my beloved Irish flat cap atop the Gael's purple top hat, atop his bulbous, misshapen head. And thus, the Gael struts off with my hat. So I chase him down and take it back. And then he snatched it and ran off! So, I'm chasing him around the cafeteria, eventually catch up to him because, fat man or no, I ain't the one in a heavy costume with a huge head, get the hat back and run to the table, hiding behind Jose. Then... he steals my coat, from my chair. Well, I get that back, and then storm off, waving my fist angrily in his general direction. Grr!

But it's not over! No, we both go about our separate business for the next while and a half, and then he comes back to me. But instead of violence, we make up. And I get a big hug from the purple leprechaun. And then we make out. Well, as much as you can make out with the ghastly visage of some horrific mascot demon. More accurately, I was mashing my face against the mesh 'teeth' that the frightened costume-wearer was looking through. I can only imagine the horrors he saw. Also, my whole freakin' table had camera phones! So maybe pictures, someday. Of me, and a giant purple leprechaun, in a loving embrace. All together now: "Awe..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home