Friday, September 07, 2007

And now, news.

Alright, now that the bulk of the people who would be offended to find out have been informed via web site have been informed, let's me spread some news. I'm moving to California!

Well, this isn't a surprise. It's common knowledge that the Plan was to slum around for a year, then get myself to Berkeley and learn Information Science (the friendly cousin to Library Science), then get myself a job somewhere doing... something in that general area, somewhere, until such a point as I become the most famous author in the universe.

But, that had always been somewhere in the Nebulous Future. And I'd live Somewhere. Which is silly. And Amber and I came to a realization, the crux of which being that, hey, it might not be a terrible idea if, instead of leaving that a vague plan in the vague future, it become a concrete plan in a concrete future.

Granted, that concrete rather wet still, and the details still being worked out, but sometime soonish I'm going to move across the country and into a lovely little two-bedroom that I'll share with Amber for purposes of rent-reducing and various domestics (e.g.: we both eat like crap because cooking for one person is depressing; cooking for two can be healthy). Now, it's not going to be this month, 'cause that's waaaay to hectic for a plan this unformed. And it's not going to be next month, due to a few unavoidable plans. But after that... well... more news as the concrete sets.

5 Comments:

Blogger Aaron Poppleton said...

You know, I hear California is nice this time of year.

Then again, I am not a man who can be pleased by lots of heat, which I hear they've got in droves.

9/08/2007 7:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope Mallory has frequent-flier miles to spare.

--Dana (semi-regular dropper-by)

9/08/2007 6:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fuck Mallory, what about me?!

Good luck finding an Affirmative Action Minority Friend as awesome as me!

Jerkface!

9/08/2007 8:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHAT??

Noooooo... Who will I have to verbally abuse me on a regular basis? Wibble.

Northern California is pretty fuckin' awesome, though, especially the Berkeley area.

BUT STILL.

9/10/2007 9:01 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

california STINKS this time of year. but i hear it's nice in the winter.
can't wait till you get here.. you'll be just a quick six hour drive away! woohoo!

9/11/2007 5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home