Friday, August 24, 2007

Dammit, dammit, dammit forever!

I have overdrafted my checking account. Not by a lot, mind, but by enough for me to be all "dammit! Now I have negative money, and am going to be racking up more negative money what with the fees and such!"

And I know exactly what happened... in spite of the fact that I've been paying careful attention to my checking account, I totally forgot about a meal that I had put on the debit card, which took, like, a week to go through. So when I got to the point where I say to myself "Well heck, I'm low on the funds. I think I must cruise on what I got until my forthcoming payday," it's already too late.

Of course, today IS that forthcoming payday, and of all possible days to wind up in the red, the one where I'm going to be later blackened is probably best. I just hope that my check is waiting for me at work, rather than in the mail, where it shan't do me good for a few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home