Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Oy. Phone calls!

I hate them! I hate to make them, I hate to take them, and I hate to interact with strangers OVER them. Those folks who I do communicate to via phonery I rarely call myself, because I have a really, really intense neurosis vis-a-vis calling people. I am generally certain that they will be so miffed at the intrusion that they'll decide to hate me forever.

I know, it doesn't make sense. It doesn't have to... that's why it's a NEUROSIS.

And yet, because of my job, I have to make them. One per student, midway through the course, and I pushed it back a little past midway in this instance so I could provide a little warning to the kids, but I couldn't push it back any farther. I made seven calls today. To strangers. And yes, some were machines, or "we'll call backs", or the like, but that's not the issue. Once I get on the line, I'm okay. It's the getting there that kills me.

But I did it! Go me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home