Sunday, July 01, 2007

Let's addend again like we did last summer.

Addendum to yesterday's post: after a slow start, the third season picks up a bit and even ends on a high note. It also drastically cuts down on the fancy business and refocuses on the character-driven comedy. COINCIDENCE?

On the other hand, I am consistently disappointed in their failure to take advantage of Rimmer's being holographic and dead. It's not just that it's ripe for visual gags and witty interactions, it's that the characters (and, therefore, the writers) seem to routinely forget that he's invulnerable. I don't expect him to go striding right into the face of danger... he's a coward, after all. But the man has already received the last injury he can bear, and the least they can do is pressure him into scouting around and have people walk through him for the hell of it.

... and here I realize that I'm ranting about a show that, to my knowledge, only one of my readers has ever seen. So, generally speaking... nobody cares. WHATEVER, MAN. I DO WHAT I WANT.

4 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7/01/2007 5:00 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

whenever I hear someone say "I do what I want" my brain pipes up "but do you eat what you like?"

I blame advertising and my generally sily nature.

7/01/2007 5:02 PM  
Blogger Vincent Avatar said...

Man, I used to watch Red Dwarf way back in the diggity-day. It was a pretty okay show.

7/02/2007 8:57 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

Man, I wish I had a chance to watch Red Dwarf... >_>

7/02/2007 2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home