Friday, May 25, 2007

Phase three is profit!

I hadn't thought of it before, but South Park's underwear gnomes are actually a fairly clever allegory for the "dot com boom" companies. They do a thing, certain that it'll turn into much profit, but they don't actually have a plan for how to get from point A to point C, assuming that point B will show up on its own somehow.

The point being, it's the first day of the rest of my life... phase two, the one designated by a great big question mark. I could be maudlin, but nah. I'm sick of being maudlin. It's a new day and a new life and I might just get an air conditioner today and a tattoo tomorrow and a job on monday and a wife by friday and worldwide fame by July and immortality by the end of the year. You never really know, and I've got a weekend to work out a crafty plan. Master of my own destiny, baby.

2 Comments:

Blogger Aaron Poppleton said...

The immortality thing is pretty easy to do, I hear. You just need to encounter a supernatural being and become part of their story.

Then you live as long as people tell the story. It's a good deal.

5/26/2007 3:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh! Tattoo! You must tell me what it is, immediately.

And, for the last time, I will NOT be your wife.

5/26/2007 9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home