Saturday, October 23, 2004

Hi Ma! Hi Pa!

My parents are coming, my parents are coming! Yeah, that's right. Coming to see my play, in fact. From Chicago! Crazy, innit? But, I'm the star, so evidently it's worth it to fly halfway across the country. Not that I'm complaining, mind you. By all means, come on down, bring gifts, buy me dinner at my favorite Indian restaurant in the world, Coromandel. I'll survive, somehow. I don't know how, exactly, but I'll find a way. Not for me, mind you, but for you, dearest mother and father. I'm not going to eat an entire pot of Chicken Vindaloo because I like it, goodness no. I do it... for you. So, when I steal your water and the lion's share of the communal rice bowl, you'd better thank me for everything I do for you. And then pay for the meal. And then drive me back to my room. And if you could give me some spending money, that'd be nice. And... no, no I'm good. You've thanked me enough. For now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home