Monday, January 29, 2007

This one goes out to the Twins:

Have you seen this yet? Because this is arguably the most exciting thing that has ever happened in the entire history of the world forever and ever and ever endeavor. Arguably.

Those of you who aren't the Twins may be less interested, but you can look too... Ryan North (of qwantz) and David Malki (of Wondermark) are holding an open call for short stories based on this particular comic strip. Don't neglect to click on the alternate ending.

Needless to say, I intend to be a part of this. This is the sort of project that puts the book on hold indefenitely (well, until the end of March... I'll probably be done much quicker than that, though).

I do not know if there is an analogous feeling for those of you who do not write, but there is a moment when I am about to leap into an exciting new project where my brain is CHURNING, and ideas are forcing themselves out faster than I can even comprehend them. There's too much going on, and it's literally impossible to do any work because there's too much internal distraction, but when that all calms down I know I'll have a hundred ideas of varying levels of brilliance to toy with. I love that moment.

3 Comments:

Blogger Vincent Avatar said...

Oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit AMAZING!

1/29/2007 8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saw this this morning. Fuck yes.

1/29/2007 9:29 PM  
Blogger Aaron Poppleton said...

Fuck yes.

Fuck yes.

FUCKING AWESOME OH SHIT CHANCE FOR FAME AND GLORY!

I've already got some ideas starting to churn, this is so fucking awesome I may have peed a little in my pants.

1/30/2007 4:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home