Monday, February 20, 2006

Heavens.

Yes, I'm still here. No, I haven't accomplished anything in the past few days. Yes, I'm a drain on society as a whole, and will never amount to anything ever, forever, endeavor. So?

I've had a most enjoyable week-end all the same, though. Hmm... perhaps family members and other sorts who aren't interested in hearing about excess and debauchery on my part would do well to ignore this post, because really, that was my week-end. Rehearsal in the afternoon, partying in the evening, recovering the next morning. I'm not proud exactly, because these aren't the sorts of things one should take pride in, and I'm aware that I've been more-or-less playing the college stereotype this particular long week-end, but I am pleased, because Fun Things Are Fun.

You hear me world! Fun Things Are Fun! I, for one, am ready to shout it toward the heavens at the top of my lungs! Is hedonism really so bad? Should shame show sin servitude? "No!" I say, vehemently, and once again point to my new motto: Fun Things Are Fun. So know this, when I present you with this unordered list of the events of the past week-end, it is not to boast, or to look cool, no! It is to announce to the world that will not hide my shame, but rather leave it dangling for all who wish to gaze upon, for you see, FUN THINGS ARE FUN!

  • Thursday: This night I spent not in my own room, but several miles away, sleeping in a lady's bed.
  • Friday: I went to Applebee's and ate a burger about as large as my head, kareoked Billy Joel, and then came back and smoked with a friend.
  • Saturday: I played beer pong at Harry's, and my team won both times. (Team UGC pride!) Then, I watched The Incredibles, which is just as good when drunk.
  • Sunday: As today is a holiday, Sunday night partying is allowable, so I returned to Harry's, this time to sample more complex alcoholic concoctions, including an Irish coffee that made me cry with glee, and the Dragonslayer, a fruity delight that is unreasonably delicious. Then I played a drinking game with plastic monkeys, watched Invader Zim, and smoked again.
  • Tonight: I plan to be served peeled grapes by naked, oiled boys.

A bit much? Maybe. But I've been having a wonderful time, having a social life and being too busy to do anything that has any function in society. Okay, I'm going to be letting up on that sort of excitement in the near future (it's unhealthy to some degree, and I do have stuff that needs doing). But do not forget my stance on fun things, ladies and gentlemen. Never Forget!

I think I'm gonna make it into a T-shirt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home