Thursday, March 04, 2004

It's opening night!

I did mention I'm in a play, didn't I? I mean, I'm no Captain Blog, but I'm not fool enough to completely ignore the fact that I'm participating in a musical comedy put on by Iona College. I... I'm not, right? Because if I were, oh the shame I would feel. So much shame. Oh yeah, shamery of the highest order, and one thousand tears and so on and so forth. And so forth. So... yeah, it's opening night of 'My Favorite Year', a musical comedy about a fifties-style sketch comedy show upon which appears a formerly world-renown, presently alcoholic actor. I play the producer of the 'King Kaiser Comedy Cavalcade', a not-too-insignificant role, though I only say one word in the second act. Eh. Whatcha gonna do? It's a good play. You'd like it, come on over to see. Now.

There was something of a tradition at my high school, when told to "break a leg" we would respond with something more unpleasant, on the grounds that the more pain caused, the better the luck. Among the ones I can recollect:

  • "Break your neck!"
  • "Get Ebola!"
  • "Go to Hell!"
and my favorite:
  • "Die alone!"

Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home